IBC’s Pharma LegalAffairs Asia 2013 features a distinguished speaker faculty of pharmaceutical and biotech counsel coupled with legal experts. Researched with your needs in mind, it enables you and your peers to address the industry’s most compelling and current legal issues.
- Update and review the latest changes in laws governing Asia’s key emerging markets (India, China & SEA)
- Enhance your partnering and licensing strategies and extend your drafting and negotiation skills
- Protect market share through deep insights into the regimes’ IP legal framework, particularly in China
- Mitigate the risk of violating FCPA, anti-corruption and other anti-bribery laws via violation case reviews and program set up
- Develop the most effective cost effective patent litigation strategy
Be part of the only conference in Asia focused on the pharma legal framework featuring keynote presentations and discussions from both regional pharma innovators, generics and biotech.
Chief Legal Officer
Cipla Limited, India
Chief Patent Counsel
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group
Partner, Head of the China IP practice
Allen & Overy LLP
Associate Vice President & Head Legal
|Alvin Deng Jun
Patent & Licensing Manager
The pharma industry is witnessing drastic changes across sectors and regions. Regardless of your business, there are numerous hurdles to face;
- The fallout from patent cliff expiries continues and with it, in 2013, Big Pharma innovators’ struggle to preserve market share and profitability. This is a critical time to review available options to protect your IP assets and stay competitive
- For the Generics and Biosimilars industry, increasing legal challenges, ongoing price erosion and stringent manufacturing compliance requirements threaten sustainability. Updates on how to address and defend changes are essential
- In recent decades, global drug makers have paid tens of millions of dollars to settle US allegations that they bribed their way across emerging markets. US enforcers co-operate with their foreign counterparts in the implementation of the FCPA, leading to multi-jurisdictional litigations/investigations.
- During this critical period, numerous partnerships formed to face these challenges. How will these fare and how can they reinforce their licensing/ distribution/ manufacturing contracts to maximize the benefits while mitigating risks?
To See Full Speaker Line Up, click here »